Saturday 14 December 2013

Scrappy cuffs and epaulettes: Scraps 101

A cuff for me and a cuff for my sister.  The scrappy patchwork one is fastened with domes/snap fasteners, which are more practical because then it can be reversible.  I used scrap interfacing, leftover pieces of binding and some other scraps from my scrap bin as well as a charm from the lovely little pack I won from Sarah.




And I made some epaulettes for a was-I-shopping-with-my-eyes-closed shirt, hoping to turn it into an edgy casual shirt.  Epaulettes may not be the correct term but you get the idea.  I hope.  To be honest the epaulettes didn't really have the effect I was hoping for, but there you have it - a scrap project nonetheless.  I didn't even bother to match my thread.


The cuffs are projects 15 and 16 of Scraps 101; the epaulettes are project 17.


Linking up to:
Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts

3 comments:

  1. Those cuffs are so cute! I have 3 granddaughters who just might love something like this ~ a quick & easy Christmas add-on gift!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...