Thursday 28 November 2013

Gift cards: Scraps 101



I made these gift cards by folding an A5 piece of cardstock in half, adding a small dab of glue to each scrap and then machine sewing a row of stitching. The bunting cards are project 2 of Scraps 101; the washing line cards are project 3.

The next two cards use corrugated cardboard for the bird shape and scrap fabric feathers which are pushed into the cardboard or glued onto the body - the key to these is the direction of the corrugations in the cardboard.  This idea is from "Recycling Things to Make and Do" - these two are project 4 of Scraps 101.




Linking up to:
Finish it Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts

2 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law is a card maker - I have to show her these immediately! She'll be diving into my fabric scraps in 3, 2, 1 ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Your card is literally the first thing I'm putting on my new sewing room cork board.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...